Thursday, May 30, 2013

Justin's Last Band Concert

Justin had the option to join band when moving to middle school. He could select band or the 'wheel' which was 4 classes through out the year.  He chose band.  I was so excited because this kid has always LOVED music and I thought it would be a great experience for him to play an instrument.  He decided to play the trumpet.  Which again made me so happy because my dad played the trumpet in the marching band in high school.  Unfortunately this is where the joy ends, he didn't have a great experience with band in 6th grade.  The band teacher, well shall I say lacked some of the skills needed to teach kids, especially kids in middle school.  He will not be continuing on with band in 7th grade. BUT they had their last Spring Band concert this month.  It was such a joy to see all the kids come together and play really well and Justin was a part of it.  I was truly so proud of him!






No comments:

Post a Comment