Monday, June 3, 2013

May Birthdays

May is always so busy with Mother's Day, my birthday, Nick's birthday and my mom's birthday.  We all added another year to our age. Nick's birthday was May 20th and it was a big one....18 years old, now he can legally vote, buy cigarettes and a lottery ticket and go off to war. I hope he doesn't buy cigarettes, I do hope he votes and he has already joined the army and leaves for boot camp on July 9th.

We celebrated with a few friends, a cookout and of course Nick's favorite...cheesecake.  I didn't get to make one, just no time but TJ's has a great one he loves! Hard to believe in a month he will be leaving us to head out into the world on his own. We wish him nothing but the best for a safe and happy beginning for him.  But he certainly will be missed, he is loved in this house and always has a place with us!

My birthday just another year added on.  Mom took me out to lunch and we celebrated with margaritas and fried ice cream! Got to spend the evening with my 2 guys! And celebrate again with Don, my boys, mom and Terry the next day.  I'm a lucky girl!


Mom's birthday rounded out the month of birthdays.  Don, Terry and I went to dinner with mom. Sat out side on the patio at Portofino's, what an enjoyable evening with a cool breeze.  Ended with yummy cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment