Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Partying with Laser Tag

I wanted to have a big party for Ryan's 10th birthday but didn't want to break the bank.  I saw a deal on LivingSocial for mobile laser tag.  They come to your home and set up barriers and the kids get to choose their weapons and they get to run around for 1 1/2 hour. SOLD!  This was perfect for a bunch of 9 and 10 year old boys!  Dustin the owner of SpecialOps Mobile Laser tag was awesome!  He was great with the kids and had them organized into teams.  Ryan had the biggest smile on his face the entire party!
 

Ryan didnt want pizza for his party so I ordered a tray of nuggets from Chick Fila that should serve 15 and I had 10 boys...we plowed through them, wow they can eat. I haven't gotten around to painting the dining room and changing the light fixture, ugh now that I see the pictures. It is one of the last rooms I haven't painted since we moved in.
After eating nuggets, chips, fruit and cupcakes we still had an hour to kill before parents started picking up.  So I sent them outside, the noise level was high and I figured the cool night air would wear these high energy boys down!
Ryan wanted to have a sleepover after the party but I learned from child #1 that having 9-10 boys sleepover at a time is not good for anyone especially the parents. Just because it is called a sleepover doesnt mean they are sleeping.  I think the whole point is to stay up until the last one is standing.  So I let him invite 2 of the boys over to sleep, much more manageable!
I am now the parent of 2 boys in the double digits, 10 and 12 years old! How'd that happen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment