Thursday, October 23, 2014

Our Summer Trip 2014 - Part V

I loved our entire trip but the Grand Canyon and Sedona were magical! I have been to the Grand Canyon twice, once when I was a kid and the other shortly after graduating college, however I have only been to Sedona once and this trip was my second.  There is just something about this place that I LOVE!! The beauty, the people, the air, I love it!  So I couldn't wait to share this with Don, Justin and Ryan! I had planned a flight over the Grand Canyon for us, really the only way to get a vast view of the beauty.
SO of course it was the windiest day ever! I thought they would cancel the flight...NO WAY.  We were all nervous with the 45 mph gusts of wind and when we checked in they told us that the use of air sick bags had been heavy that day.  Didnt make me feel too great!
 
But the flight was amazing. We had a few drops in the plane, one so large I thought we were going into the canyon, we literally came out of our seats from the drop, thank goodness for seatbelts!  The man next to me got sick... :(  The boys loved it, Don not so much!

We took a hike with a park ranger and did some hiking on our own. They had refill stations for your water. It was cool drinking water from the Grand Canyon.




Onward to Sedona, AZ...another adventure awaits.  Eating of rattlesnake, bison burgers and cactus fries! All of these were a must.  The hotel we stayed in had the most incredible view. 
The town of Sedona was great to walk.  We decided to take a Jeep tour through through Sedona to get up close and personal and go off-roading.  Our guide was great and we had our own personal tour.



I have so many incredible memories and pictures from Sedona.  One day we went to a watering hole to swim.  Just the most incredible feeling listening to the sounds.

And of course you have to see a sunset in Sedona...it is a must!

Oh I forgot to mention on the way to the airport we stopped because I really wanted to climb a vortex and feel the energy!


I'll be back again some day Sedona!

No comments:

Post a Comment